Our trained advisors work in pairs to offer help, guidance and education to young people up to and including 17 years of age; they can visit children in their homes, at school or a designated place of safety. Our advisors can also provide sessions over the phone.
Signs of fire setting include:
- Small burn holes in carpets
- Charred paper in sinks or bins
- Matches or lighters in your child's bedroom, school bag or coat
- An unusual fascination with fire
- Unexplained fires in the home.
Anyone can make a direct referral to the Juvenile Fire Setter Scheme. We've received referrals from parents, family members, schools and other agencies.
Please note that an intervention can only take place with the permission of the parent or guardian of the child.
For further information regarding the Juvenile Fire Setter Scheme and/or to make a referral: