Book a Home Safety Visit
Knowing how to reduce the risk of fire in your home is an important part of living safe and well. We offer free Home Safety/Safe and Well Visits to any Essex resident. If you do not have working smoke alarms, or have working smoke alarms but would like more information about how to live safely and securely at home, book one of our free visits today.
By booking a Home Safety Visit you’re making sure your home is checked over by a fire safety specialist who will also talk to you about your individual needs and safety concerns. The easiest way to book a visit, either for you or someone you know, is to use our online booking form or call our Home Safety Team.
The service we offer includes:
- Smoke alarms
- Sensory smoke alarms for the hearing impaired
- Advice on home fire safety
- Health & Wellbeing check & referral if required
- Electrical hazards, kitchen safety & safety in the home
- Advice around cost of living
- Crime prevention advice
- Advice around carbon monoxide & gas safety
- Fire retardant bedding
- Assessment for a Portable Misting Unit for most ‘at risk’ & vulnerable residents
- Training for carers
Our Home Safety Visits and advice - all the ways you can get in touch
If you have any questions about fire safety, need to refer someone for a Safe and Well Visit, tell us that someone is at risk of fire, or just need some advice and guidance, please do call our Home Safety Team.
The phone line is open Monday to Friday, between 9.30am and 4pm (or leave a message out of hours) or you can email.
To contact us for advice, to book a visit or a telephone call.
- Phone: 0300 303 0088 (9.30am - 4pm, or leave a message out of hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online form: Request a Home Safety Visit/Safe and Well Visit for yourself
- Online form: Request a Home Safety/Safe and Well Visit for Somebody Else
- Home safety videos: ECFRS YouTube channel