How the online check works
- You’ll be asked questions about your home and lifestyle
- You'll be asked to look around each of your rooms to find any fire risks
- Once you have completed all the questions, it may recommend that you book a home safety visit where we'll come out to your home - we'll only be able to follow this up if you include your contact details
- You will be given a personalised action plan to keep
- The check will take around 15 minutes.
If you are still concerned about fire safety in your home after completing your online check, please contact our home fire safety team - call 0300 303 0088 or email email@example.com.
Looking for a home safety visit?
If you'd prefer to book yourself or someone else a home safety visit we offer free Home Safety/Safe and Well Visits to any Essex resident. If you do not have working smoke alarms, or have working smoke alarms but would like more information about how to live safely and securely at home, book one of our free visits today.