Kitchen fire caused by tumbledryer
Shakespeare Avenue, Tilbury
31/08/2021 @ 17:22
Incident Number: 151282
In attendance: 2 x Grays
Firefighters were called to the scene of a fire at a home in Tilbury.
On arrival crews confirmed that a fire was burning in the kitchen of the property.
The fire was extinguished by 5.47pm.
We believe the fire was caused accidentally, after a tumbledryer ignited.
Using your tumbledryer safely
We recommend the following safety advice when using your tumbledryer:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended.
- Clean the filters after each use to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff - this can easily catch fire.
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling.
- Make sure that the appliance has its own plug socket. Do not overload extension leads and be sure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
You can also register your tumbledryer at www.registermyappliance.org.uk, who will contact you for FREE if there are any safety issues or product recalls related to any of your appliances.