Britannia Road, Warley
26/04/2021 @ 21:49
Incident Number: 143275
In attendance: 1 x Brentwood
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Warley last night.
On arrival, crews reported that there was a fire in a chimney flue and extinguished it by 10:40pm using chimney rods.
Most chimney fires are preventable. Regular inspection and cleaning of chimney flues will help prevent fires within chimneys. Keep your family and home safe by following our chimney safety advice:
- Have your chimney swept at least once a year, or more frequently if you burn wood
- Do not stack fires too high and remember to let them burn down well before you go to bed
- Use a fire or spark guard
- Do not place objects on or over the mantle-piece which may cause you to stand too close to the fire to reach or use them
- Inspect your chimney regularly - particularly in the roof space - to ensure that it is sound and that sparks or fumes cannot escape through cracks or broken bricks
- Avoid burning resinous woods as soot builds up quickly. Suitable seasoned timber must be used in all solid fuel stoves
- Buy only suitable fuels. Using the wrong type of fuel on a liner will reduce the life of the liner considerably due to increased corrosion