Incinerator causes garden fire
Cambridge Road, Clacton
25/04/2021 @ 12:51
Incident Number: 143191
In attendance: 2 x Clacton
Firefighters were called to a garden fire in Clacton this afternoon after embers in an incinerator set a shed alight.
On arrival, crews reported that a garden shed was on fire and extinguished it by 1:23pm.
Watch Manager Ian Street from Clacton Fire Station said: “Please never leave any type of bonfire, incinerator or open fire outside unattended. Make sure the fire is properly extinguished before you leave it and set it up well away from anything the flames or embers could spread to and quickly catch alight like trees, plants, sheds, fence panels, houses and garages.”
If you're planning to have a bonfire, read our safety advice first:
- Site the bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs
- Never leave the bonfire burning unattended
- Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side
- NEVER use flammable liquids - paraffin or petrol - to light the fire
- Don't burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles
- Keep everyone away from the fire - especially children, who must be supervised at all times
- Pour water on the embers before leaving