Chiminea causes garden fire
Oak Road, Rochford
24/04/2021 @ 16:02
Incident Number: 143137
In attendance: 1 x Rochford, 1 x Southend
Firefighters were called to a garden fire in Rochford earlier today after embers from a chiminea spread to two outbuildings and fence panels.
On arrival, crews reported that two outbuildings were 100% alight and the fire had spread to fence panels.
Crews extinguished the fire by 4:32pm.
Garden fires - don't take the risk!
If you're planning on having a fire in your garden, remember to follow our advice:
- Site it well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs
- Never leave the bonfire burning unattended
- Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side
- NEVER use flammable liquids - paraffin or petrol - to light the fire
- Don't burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles
- Keep everyone away from the fire - especially children, who must be supervised at all times
- Pour water on the embers before leaving
Could you be an on-call firefighter?
Rochford’s firefighters are on-call firefighters who all live or work within 5 minutes of an on-call fire station and are paid to protect their local community.
If you live or work within 5 minutes of an on-call fire station, you could be an on-call firefighter. Find out more about the role at join.essex-fire.gov.uk/on-call