Fleetwood Avenue, Westcliff.
15/05/2020 @ 14:29
Incident Number: 122883
In attendance: 1 x Southend, 1 x Leigh
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Fleetwood Avenue, Westcliff.
On arrival, crews reported that a pan in a kitchen was alight.
Firefighters worked to extinguish the fire by 2:43pm.
More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking
Follow our cooking safety advice to stay safe in your kitchen:
- Avoid leaving children in the kitchen alone when cooking on the hob. Keep matches and saucepan handles out of their reach to keep them safe
- Make sure saucepan handles don’t stick out – so they don’t get knocked off the stove
- Take care if you’re wearing loose clothing – this can easily catch fire
- Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob
- Double check the cooker is off when you’ve finished cooking
- Take care if you need to leave the kitchen while cooking, take pans off the heat or turn them down to avoid risk