PHOTOS: Bonfire sets two sheds alight
Beazley End, Wethersfield
26/03/2020 @ 11:32
Incident Number: 120257
In attendance: 1 x Wethersfield
Firefighters were called to a shed fire in Wethersfield this morning.
On arrival, crews reported that two sheds were 100% alight and worked to extinguish the fire by 12:55pm.
Both sheds were completely destroyed.
The fire was caused after a bonfire spread in the wind to the nearby sheds.
Watch Manager Darren Hockley from Wethersfield Fire Station said: “With more people at home, the Service has been called to a number of bonfire related incidents. If you’re planning on having a bonfire, please follow our advice which includes setting them well away from sheds, outbuildings, fences and trees as they can quickly get out of control. Make sure to keep an eye on bonfires at all times and keep water nearby if the fire does start to burn out of control.”
Follow our outdoor fire safety advice:
- Site the bonfire or fire pit well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs
- Never leave the fire burning unattended • Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side
- NEVER use flammable liquids - paraffin or petrol - to light the fire
- Don't burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles
- Keep everyone away from the fire - especially children, who must be supervised at all times
- Pour water on the embers before leaving