Pan left unattened - cooking safety advice issued
19/11/2019 @ 11:50
Incident Number: 113146
In attendance: 1 x Clacton, 1 x Frinton
Firefighters were called to an address in Frinton this morning after smoke alarms were going off.
On arrival, crews reported that the kitchen was smoke logged after a pan was left on the hob unattended and the resident had gone out.
Firefighters used fans to clear the smoke in the premesis.
More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking - follow our cooking safety advice to stay safe in your kitchen.
- Avoid leaving children in the kitchen alone when cooking on the hob. Keep matches and saucepan handles out of their reach to keep them safe.
- Make sure saucepan handles don’t stick out – so they don’t get knocked off the stove.
- Take care if you’re wearing loose clothing – this can easily catch fire.
- Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob.
- Double check the cooker is off when you’ve finished cooking.
- Take care if you need to leave the kitchen whilst cooking, take pans off the heat or turn them down to avoid risk.
Have your say on the future priorities of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service has launched a public consultation - a ten minute survey asking the public of Essex about how our future priorities are delivered.
The consultation is a chance for the local community to tell us what matters to them and what approach they think we should take. The responses will enable us to develop an Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) in the New Year.
To have your say, visit: www.essex-fire.gov.uk/irmp before Friday 13 December 2019.