Fire Marshal Competent Person Training
This one-day course is for employees nominated as fire marshals or fire wardens in their workplace. The course covers both emergency and non-emergency issues of this vital role and equips attendees with an appropriate level of understanding to perform the role safely in their workplace. This is suitable for nominated competent persons who have responsibility for implementing the company fire evacuation procedure. It Is also suitable for persons who have a direct responsibility for developing or improving existing evacuation procedures to maintain effectiveness in a changing work environment.
By the end of the course, delegates will have:
• A greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
• The ability to identify individual classes of fire and select an appropriate extinguisher to tackle it, if it is safe to do so
• The ability to recognise potential fire hazards and the appropriate actions to rectify them
• An understanding of the importance of regular fire drills and recognition of fire service best practice
• An understanding of the various methods of evacuation and accounting and determine the best method for their workplace
This course is accredited by the IFE (Institute of Fire Engineers) and is awarded 4 hours Continued Professional Development
About your trainers
All of our trainers are either currently serving officers or recently retired. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the business environment. Many of our trainers have delivered training across the UK and overseas. The relevant CVs can be provided prior to the delivery training if required. As standard, our trainers have a formal teaching qualification.
To find out more information about this training course please contact EFAT@essex-fire.gov.uk or call 01376 576980.