Over the years, we have expanded our courses and have written bespoke programmes to meet strategic government agendas, so we are able to engage with some of the hardest to reach people in Essex.
Essex is proud to work with a number of partners every year to help them reach various aims and objectives to improve the lives and increase the confidence and self-esteem of people they work with. Our rigorous and thorough evaluation process of Firebreak allows us to work with organisations over and over as they can be confident that we can provide the necessary information to show our scheme has worked for them.
Firebreak is broken down into four different areas each with specific themes that target different issues
- Fire Fit
- Fire Inspire
- Fire Respect
- Fire Empower
Fire Fit includes added information and advice required to make healthier lifestyle and nutritional choices. The course will focus on consequences of their lifestyle and diet choices and the importance of staying fit for life. The fitness levels required to gain entrance into the service is also explored.
Fire Inspire is our traditional programme addressing confidence building, increasing self-esteem and team working skills.
Fire Respect offers agencies an opportunity to tailor the course around the needs of the participants. It includes the same basic framework of the traditional Inspire Firebreak but can also include but is not limited to:
- Restorative justice
- Offending and anti-social behaviour
- Alcohol and drugs misuse awareness and Harm Reduction
- Domestic violence – with both victims and offenders
- Importance of worthwhile and fulfilling relationships
- Healthy relationships
- Family Dynamics – Parent & Child courses
- Wishes and Feelings
- Bullying and cyber safety
- Independent living
Fire Empower looks at preparing people for employment. Community engagement and volunteering are explored and encouraged. Sessions can include CV preparation and interview techniques.
Our Firebreak sponsors include:
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Armed Forces Covenant
- Shaw Trust
- The Worshipful Company of Firefighters
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex
- European Union Social Fund
- HM Prison & Probabtion Service