Essex County Fire and Rescue Service LGBTQ+ Network
BEING is the LGBTQ+ network available to all employees and volunteers of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
The aim of the network is to support employees through peer support, mentoring and social networking to help create an LGBTQ+ friendly working environment.
The network also aim to increase an understanding of LGBTQ+ issues within our fire service and assist the Service to work towards its goal of becoming one of the top 100 Stonewall Diversity Champions.
The focus of the group:
- Visable - Ensure BEING is seen throughout the organisation
- Celebrate - Showcase ECFRS’ successes when engaging with LGBTQ+ community
- Communication - Ensure stories, meetings and event information are shared Service wide
- Approchable - Highlight members of BEING who are contactable
- Highlight - Give staff information on current activity or issues relating to LGBTQ+ people
- Educate - BEING can support staff and service development
- Accessible - Provide different ways for people to engage with the network
- Encourage - Promote annual LGBTQ+ events and encourage staff to attend events or share experiences
- Inform - Work closely with all departments on ensuring LGBTQ+ inclusivity in training and policy
If you would like to find out more information about our BEING group please contact our BEING Chair, Matthew Hill: email@example.com.