Chip pan fire
Leys Drive, Little Clacton
12/02/2019 @ 17:42
Incident Number: 94939
In attendance: 1 x Clacton, 1 x Weeley
Crews were called to a house after reports of a fire in a kitchen.
On arrival firefighters reported that the kitchen was filled with smoke and a woman was suffering from burns on her hands and arms.
Crews ensured the fire was completely out by dampening down the area and cleared the property of smoke by 6pm.
Firefighters also rendered first aid to the casualty and left her in the care of the Ambulance Service.
The kitchen has suffered some smoke damage.
ECFRS' cooking with oil advice:
- Take care when cooking with hot oil – it sets alight easily.
- Make sure food is dry before putting it in hot oil so it doesn’t splash.
- If the oil starts to smoke – it’s too hot. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
- Use a thermostat controlled electric deep fat fryer. They can’t overheat.
- If your pan catches fire, turn off the heat if it is safe to do so. Never throw water over it
If you would like to arrange for a free home safety visit, during which smoke alarms will be fitted free of charge, call us on 0300 303 0088 or visit www.essex-fire.gov.uk/book
Weeley Fire Station is recruiting on-call firefighters; people who live or work within five minutes of the fire station and are paid to attend an incident when called by the fire service. Interested in supporting your local community? Visit https://join.essex-fire.gov.uk/on-call/weeley/ for more information.