Tumble dryer fire
Silcott Street, Brightlingsea
08/12/2017 @ 18:36
Incident Number: 68250
In attendance: 1 x Brightlingsea, 1 x Weeley
Crews were called to a fire at a house in Brightlingsea.
On arrival firefighters reported that the fire was in a utility room and worked to extinguish it by 7.05pm.
The cause has been recorded as accidental, and started after a tumble dryer caught alight.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service recommends anyone using a tumble dryer follow our safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters after each use to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Ensure that the appliance has its own plug socket. Do not overload extension leads. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.