Garden fire spreads to neighbour's garage
Wallace Road, Grays
15/06/2017 @ 13:06
Incident Number: 56469
In attendance: 2 x Grays, 1 x Orsett
A garage has been badly damaged after a garden fire spread out of control and caught light to a nearby fence which then caught the garage alight.
Fire crews were called to fire in garden in Wallace Road, Grays by a neighbour. Crews managed to quickly extinguish the fire by 1:40pm.
The fire service has issues the following fire safety advice for anyone burning rubbish or having a bonfire in their garden:
- Site the bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs
- Never leave the bonfire burning unattended
- Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side
- NEVER use flammable liquids - paraffin or petrol - to light the fire
- Don't burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles
- Keep everyone away from the fire - especially children, who must be supervised at all times
- Pour water on the embers before leaving