Tumble dryer fire
Rosemary Way, Jaywick
07/03/2016 @ 09:21
Incident Number: 3313
In attendance: 2 x Clacton
Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer on fire inside a bungalow in Jaywick.
One hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire by 09:59.
The Service has issued the following safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
You can also register your domestic appliances for free at www.registermyappliance.org.uk who will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.