Tumble Dryer starts fire
Brandon Close, Chafford Hundred
24/02/2016 @ 11:11
Incident Number: 2723
In attendance: 1 x Grays, 1 x Orsett
Firefighters are attending a fire involving a tumble dryer in a garage. On arrival the incident commander reported that the tumble dryer was well alight and the garage completely smoke logged.
Update: Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet had extingusihed the fire by 11:32hrs.
Warnings have been issued about tumble dryers and safety notices have been issued for certain Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda models.
The Service has issued the following tumble dryer safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
For more information about which appliances are affected, visit: https://safety.hotpoint.eu/
You can also register your domestic appliances for free at www.registermyappliance.org.uk who will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.