Tumble dryer fire
De Grey Road, Colchester
08/02/2016 @ 08:03
Incident Number: 1865
In attendance: 2 x Colchester 1 x Wivenhoe 1 x Brightlingsea
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a tumble dryer fire.
The fire was caused by faulty electrics in the device. Crews made the tumble dryer safer by 08:17hrs.
The Service has issued the following safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
You can also register your domestic appliances for free at www.registermyappliance.org.uk who will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.