Tumble Dryer Fire
Cornflower Close, Stanway
25/01/2016 @ 18:25
Incident Number: 1228
In attendance: 2 X Colchester
Firefighters were called to a fire caused by an electrical fault on a tumble dryer
Wearing breathing apparatus, crews used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire by 18:35hrs.
The tumble dryer fire is the second in six hours following an incident in Fleetwood Avenue, Westcliff, at 12:17hrs.
ECFRS has issued the following tumble dryer safety advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions;
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended;
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff;
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling;
- Don't overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
Additionally, you can also register your domestic appliances for free.
If you did not register your appliances during Register My Appliance Day on Thursday, January 21, take just a few minutes to visit www.registermyappliance.org.uk.
A specialist will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.