Community Wheels is one of our primary road safety/RTC Reduction education and engagement platforms, which helps us to deliver road safety education in all locations throughout Essex.
Community Wheels is a bespoke multi-media vehicle designed to enhance the delivery of road safety/RTC reduction messages to a wide audience.
Community Wheels project was established in 2009 and still operates with the following requirements to fulfil:
- To provide a purpose built, mobile, multi-media road safety education and demonstration vehicle
- To crew it with a core of experienced multi agency teams of Fire and Rescue Service, Police and Road Safety specialists
- To work together to deliver innovative road safety activities to improve the knowledge and understanding of at risk road users within the community
The vehicle is well designed with SMART Technology, which enables mapped collision data to be displayed in great detail to the public and also has TV/DVD presentation facilities. It also features a driving simulator fitted which is a popular and effective educational tool for use with young drivers in particular.
Community Wheels allows for flexibility in terms of the location in which we can deliver road safety education - it has full disabled access; a generator to enabling it to function without the need for a separate electrical supply; and a kitchen facility.
Community Wheels is a stand-alone mobile classroom facility capable of being located anywhere, therefore enabling the message to be taken out to the people in their own locality.
We deploy Community Wheels at a wide range of events and locations throughout the year including:
- 'Surround a Town’ events –partnership engagement, education and enforcement days in key towns in Essex
- Young driver education events at schools, colleges and universities
- Community engagement days in key towns
- V Festival
- National Citizenship Service summer camps – delivering road safety education to young prospective drivers
- Fire Station Open Days
- Large motorcycle shows and events
If you are holding an event and wish Community Wheels to attend, please contact our road safety team at email@example.com