Community Wheels is a specially designed vehicle we use to deliver road safety messages all over Essex.
The Community Wheels project was established in 2009 and is run by an experienced team from the fire service, police and road safety specialists.
The multi-media vehicle was specificallly designed with SMART Technology, which enables mapped collision data to be displayed in great detail to the public and also has TV/DVD presentation facilities. It also features a driving simulator fitted which is a popular and effective educational tool for use with young drivers.
Community Wheels allows us to take our road safety messages out to different locations and events across Essex.
We attend a range of events througout the year including:
- ‘Surround a Town’ events – partnership engagement, education and enforcement days in key towns in Essex
- Young driver education events at schools, colleges and universities
- Community engagement days in key towns
- V Festival
- National Citizenship Service summer camps – delivering road safety education to young prospective drivers
- Fire Station Open Days
- Large motorcycle shows and events
If you are holding an event and wish Community Wheels to attend, please contact our road safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org.