ICT Infrastructure Analyst (Permanent Contract)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £29,909 to £32,233 pa
Location: Kelvedon Park
We are looking for a well-rounded person who is responsible, accountable and professional. You need to be able to effectively work in a team environment with good communication skills, have a strong technical aptitude and be responsive to can ever changing environment and the demands that come with working in a Technical Support Team.
Ideally, you will be an experienced 2nd or 3rd Line Support Analyst with an evidence of an Infrastructure background. Strong ITIL Service Management Skills, with knowledge of Change and Problem Management, and working day to day on Incidents and Service Request Management. Relevant Emergency Service background would be advantageous or an understanding of the industry and demands of the ICT Team. The ideal candidate needs to display relevant experience in Microsoft technology, MDM and automated deployment software such as InTune and SCCM, and an understanding of Network and components to work in collaboration with the Network Support Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the underlying problems within the infrastructure are identified and resolved using the appropriate change techniques
- Identifies and implements changes to facilitate Continual Service Improvement
- Responsible for exploitation of the current (ITSM) IT Service Management System
- Provides responses to requests for support within Operational Level Agreements
- Pro-active effective problem management to increase organisational value
- Maintain all systems at current supported levels by supporting effective Change and Availability Management processes
- Minimise system failures and downtime by monitoring performance data and taking appropriate action
- Act as a Service Coach/Mentor to develop colleagues
- Ensure effective liaison and working with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring communications are accurate and timely
- Provide leadership, management and development to support team members to perform their roles competently and achieve team objectives or targets
- Positively contribute to a safe work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety, Risk Management, Business Continuity and Safeguarding policy and procedure. Protect all personal information in adherence with the Data Protection Act 1998 and prepare for the introduction of GDPR
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities and grading of the post
Essex Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Fire and Rescue Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
It is our policy to require all applicants for employment to disclose if you are currently being investigated by any regulatory body or have any decisions or sanctions pending or in progress in respect of your suitability to work for the Service.
You agree to inform the Service within 24 hours if you are subsequently investigated by any agency or organisation in relation to concerns about your behaviour towards children, young people or vulnerable adults.
The information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential and will be considered only in relation to the appointment for which you are applying.
This role maybe subject to a standard/enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from everyone and values diversity in our workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
To apply for this position please download the below application form/gain an application form please download this off our website at www.essex-fire.gov.uk, contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on 01376 576121 between 08.30-17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30-16.30 on Friday.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Recruitment team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post and addressed to General Recruitment, ECFRS Service Headquarters, Kelvedon Park, Rivenhall, Essex, CM8 3HB.
Closing Date - 24th January 2019