ICT - 1st Line Service Desk Technician
Fixed Term until 31 March 2020
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £18,672 - £19,819
Location: Kelvedon Park
We are looking for a well-rounded person who is responsible, accountable and professional. You need to be able to effectively work in a team environment with good communication skills, have a strong technical aptitude and be responsive to customers’ needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Single Point of Contact to the Service in response to service requests and incidents, logging all incidents or service requests received in the ITSM Tool following agreed procedures and follow procedures to respond to service requests and incidents
- Make initial diagnosis of any incidents and advises known solutions where applicable
- Out of hours support to be provided in line with agreed local arrangements and payment plan
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist colleagues in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient; providing advice and guidance on best practice within a defined range of requests
- Log and action alerts in line with agreed procedure dependent on the priority
- Responsible for maintaining CMDB records in line with agreed process
- Positively contribute to a safe work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety, Risk Management, Business Continuity and Safeguarding policy and procedure. Protect all personal information in adherence with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities and grading of the post
Essex Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Fire and Rescue Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
It is our policy to require all applicants for employment to disclose if you are currently being investigated by any regulatory body or have any decisions or sanctions pending or in progress in respect of your suitability to work for the Service.
You agree to inform the Service within 24 hours if you are subsequently investigated by any agency or organisation in relation to concerns about your behaviour towards children, young people or vulnerable adults.
The information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential and will be considered only in relation to the appointment for which you are applying.
This role maybe subject to a standard/enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from everyone and values diversity in our workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
To apply for this position please download the below application form/gain an application form please download this off our website at www.essex-fire.gov.uk, contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on 01376 576121 between 08.30-17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30-16.30 on Friday.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Recruitment team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post and addressed to HR Support, ECFRS Service Headquarters, Kelvedon Park, Rivenhall, Essex, CM8 3HB.
Closing Date – 23rd August 2019