High Hazard Facility Tank Storage Fire Management
This petrochemical storage tank firefighting course is aimed at international and UK Local Authority fire officers as well as Airport Authority fire officers. Whilst 90% is primarily theoretical, there are practical demonstrations and the opportunity to explore pre-incident planning, basic foam chemistry, impact of foam and the environment and tank fire calculations, through group work and case studies.
Duration: 5 days
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• Understand basic petrochemical storage tank construction along with associated fire types.
• Understand the basics of foam chemistry and relate chemistry to foam performance.
• Calculate water and foam requirements for flammable liquid fires.
• Adopt proven tactics and techniques for tacking and extinguishing two and three dimensional fires including full surface tank fires.
• Implement a command structure for dealing with major flammable liquid tank fires including roles and responsibilities.
• Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) 36 hours CPD.
• JOIFF (the international organisation for industrial emergency response and fire hazard management).
About your trainers
Divisional Officer, Lead Petrochemical Officer, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
Mark has 27 years’ experience with ECFRS and has acquired many specialist skills including petrochemical firefighting. He represented the UK Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) at The Buncefield Working Group(s) and Model code of safe practice Part 19: Fire precautions at petroleum refineries and bulk storage installations (IP19) review.
Mark holds a Joint Oil Industry Fire Forum (JOIFF) Member’s certificate and is a graduate of the Institute of Fire Engineers. He has attended a large number of petrochemical incidents which include the Buncefield Oil Depot Explosion and the Petroplus isomerisation explosion.
Mark is also a National Inter-Agency Liaison Officer, a Silver CBRN(e) Commander, a CBRN(e) Subject matter advisor and a Airwave Operational Advisor.
Operations and Technical Fire Manager, Williams Fire and Rescue Control Ewen has been an industrial firefighter for 28 years, serving both In the United Kingdom and oversees. He is a graduate of the Institute of Fire Engineers, currently has a Diploma in Emergency Services Management and has graduated with a Master’s degree in Business Management (MBA).
Ewen currently covers a territory of 35 countries and provides both technical and operational response as a flammable liquid firefighter to incidents globally. He has attended a number of major petrochemical fires in his career in countries including the United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
For further information and to book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01376 576549.