Essex County Fire and Rescue Service LGBT Staff Support Group
BEING aim to support ECFRS employees through peer support, mentoring and social networking to help create an LGBT friendly working environment.
We also aim to increase an understanding of LGBT issues within ECFRS and assist the Service to work towards its goal of becoming one of the top 100 Stonewall Diversity Champions.
Specifically the role of BEING is:
- To assist promoting and raising awareness of diversity issues across the Service, aiming to create an LGBT friendly working environment
- To provide support to staff in the workplace through mentoring and peer support
- To act as a consultancy panel to assess ECFRS policies, initiatives and procedures to ensure they are inclusive to LGBT
- To help ECFRS towards its goal of becoming one of Stonewalls Diversity Top 100 Champions
- To arrange social events throughout the year with other public authorities to promote cross networking opportunities for LGBT staff
- To contribute towards the Equality and Diversity Training Programme
- To be a resource for signposting and sharing LGBT related information among group members
BEING will not:
- Manage individual workplace LGBT based conflicts
- Provide formal representation on behalf of individuals at disciplinary hearings
- Be responsible for the sole training delivery on LGBT issues
- Held accountable if ECFRS does not achieve or uphold relevant legislation
- Be responsible for the effective introduction and development of LGBT related policies and procedures within ECFRS
If you would like to find out more information about our BEING group please contact our BEING Chair, Matthew Hill: email@example.com.